Your role & work environment
Corporate Audit Services (CAS) is a highly professional organisation with approximately 30 audit teams across the globe and comprises a diverse international team of around 400 members. Corporate Audit Services (CAS) Wholesale Banking (WB) is one of these teams and conducts and coordinates audits across WB.
Working at Corporate Audit Services means working in a highly dynamic, international environment at the heart of the organization, where everyone aspires to (continue to) be a front-runner in the field of auditing. To this end, they work with the very best people, whom they help to remain leading in their area of expertise. To achieve this they support you in your personal growth and development by facilitating internal and external trainings and on the job training.
You will be located in Amsterdam. The Audit Supervisor is part of the CAS WB European Network team, a dedicated team assessing the control environment within this area. In this role, you will, together with your colleagues, audit processes within the WB European Network countries to assess that controls have been designed adequately and implemented effectively. Relevant locations covered by the CAS WB European Network team include UK, Ireland, Dubai, Hungary, Switzerland, Ukraine, Bulgaria, Slovakia and Russia.
Your key responsibilities
- Planning, performing and leading audits in various WB Banking domains in WB European Network countries. Possibly participating in audits with other WB Teams (e.g. Financial Markets);
- Analysing the businesses / end-to-end processes, inherent risks, underlying regulatory requirements and expected control frameworks;
- You are able to use adequate tools and techniques (Data Analytics) to increase audit coverage and high quality control testing results.
- You are able to provide guidance to the team members involved and supervise the work performed in the audits in the WB Banking domain.
- You write audit reports in-line with CAS report writing standards.
- You perform assessment of submitted issues for closures.
- You stay well informed on the business and risk developments, internally and externally;
- You stay up-to-date with the trends and techniques in the internal auditing profession.
They look for
A successful candidate should have strong analytical skills and the ability to challenge and improve the risk and control environment within WB Banking. Good knowledge of the WB Banking environment - both on the business and IT processes - is needed.
Good communication and presentation skills are strong requirements. The candidate should have a pro-active attitude and a creative mindset. You are accurate and describe yourself as a team player who is very capable of working in international teams.
A colleague with a talent for taking it on and making it happen, enthusiasm for helping others to be successful and a knack for always being a step ahead. In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas to life and embrace challenges in a fast changing and complex environment. You are a naturally collaborative person who listens and invests in others to achieve common goals. You love to challenge the status quo and are eager to propose creative solutions to problems.
As an Audit Supervisor, you will also need:
- Minimum 5 years of relevant banking / internal auditing experience, in a position that provided you with a sound understanding of the WB Banking environment (e.g. Lending, Leasing, Payments, Corporate Finance, Working Capital Solutions, KYC, Financial Markets, Transactional Services), including capacity of identifying and evaluation key inherent risks and mitigating controls;
- Master's degree or an audit or comparable certification, such as RA/RE/RO and CIA;
- An independent mindset and professional scepticism. Ability to challenge the existing patterns, to speak up and sustain your point of view in an assertive manner;
- Solution-oriented, ability to advice on workable actions to mitigate risks in a sustainable manner;
- Strong organisational and follow-up skills;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Ability to make complex analyses & summarise key messages in verbal and written communication;
- Proficiency in speaking & writing in English language;
- To be a strong team player who understands emotional intelligence drivers;
They offer you
A clear purpose, a unique offer and a range of flexible compensation and other benefits:
- Personal growth & challenging work with endless opportunities to realize your ambitions;
- A dynamic environment with innovative colleagues spread across multiple countries supporting your endeavours;
- A progressive and agile way of working, where new ideas are valued ahead of convention;
Furthermore, within the bank, you can count on a range of opportunities to invest in your personal and professional growth with:
- the possibility to participate in courses and trainings;
- challenging working environment and a steep learning curve.