We are looking for an Infrastructure Automation & Release Engineer to join a rapidly expanding business based in Leicestershire (remote).
This person will report directly to the Infrastructure Manager but operate in between the Development and Infrastructure teams - It is a hybrid position that serves as a link, enabling seamless deployments of new & existing software solutions.
Initially a large amount of the position will focus on further developing the automation release process, in the long run you will also assist with Infrastructure and Application Support projects.
This position is offering a lot of training and would be great for someone looking to take the next steps in their career- the only essential experience required is exposure to automation tools and scripting languages.
Skills & Experience:
- A background in either Infrastructure or Application Support with exposure to automation and scripting tools (PowerShell, Python, Jenkins, Bamboo, Selenium etc)
- Strong communication skills, ability to communicate with different functioning teams
- Personable with a good attitude and drive towards learning.
- Knowledge around SQL or T-SQL would be hugely desirable
- Exposure to a .Net environment or working alongside a development function would be desirable
- Good Infrastructure knowledge (AD, Windows Servers, VLAN, TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS etc) would be desirable.
This is a great opportunity offering exposure to a really interesting and highly technical environment! With lot's of training on offer this business is in a very secure position within the current climate
This role will continue to be mostly remote when we return to normality; however, you must be able to get to the office (Leicester) on an adhoc basis for work that can not be completed remotely.
Please click apply or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details!