Azure Database Administrator - Remote - 12 Month Contract (with extension)
Who we are looking for
Looking for a talented database administrator to join its Database Operations team. The database team is responsible for the design, administration, and daily operation of critical systems that support our clients' Production, Disaster Recovery, and Test environments in hybrid on-premise and cloud database environment, with a heavy emphasis on SQL Server, Azure SQL and Managed Instance Databases.
We are looking for a combination of database engineering and administration skills where candidate will be responsible for Hosted to Azure Migration, Backup and restoration of databases with Native and Cloud solutions, identifying bottlenecks and performing query tuning, and troubleshooting database access issues. Candidate must possess good understanding of AlwaysOn High Availability solution in SQL Server.
What you will be responsible for
As a Database Administrator you will:
- Ensure the availability and optimization of the MSSQL 2016, 2017, 2019 in hybrid set-up and AzureSQL, Managed Instance databases in Azure.
- Make sure to follow technical standards and operational procedures to meet database performance, High Availability, replication, scalability, and security requirements in both hosted and cloud environments.
- Extensively involved with Hosted to Azure migration.
- Assist in resolving priority incidents to quickly eliminate impacts, participate in root-cause analysis, and support subsequent corrective and preventative actions.
- Actively involved with database access issue resolution.
- Work closely with Database Team Lead, collaborate with various Application support and engineering teams to optimize database performance and reliability.
- Senior Database Administrator are encouraged and supported to acquire relevant Azure certifications (e.g. DP-300, DP-900, AZ-900 Exam).
- Establish, maintain, and adhere to CRD technical standards, policies, and procedures.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or a related technical field)
- 6-8 years of experience working with large MS SQL Server 2016, 2017, 2019 databases in a 24 x 7 x 365 production environment
- Good performance tuning experience, using all available tools like SolarWinds, Query Store and methods to investigate and make recommendations to improve slow performing queries and procedures at the database and server level.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience operating MS SQL servers and related technologies in Azure.
- Very good understanding of database encryption, high-availability, disaster recovery, database replication, backup/restore.
- Must be detailed oriented, have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and be an aggressive self-starter.
- A strong sense of customer service, attention to detail, and issue ownership.
- Understanding of ITIL concepts desired.
If interested please respond with an updated resume.