Oliver James is seeking a top calibre Chief Financial Officer with strong Property and Casualty experience for a key leadership role within an newly incorporated international insurance company.
Reporting to the CEO and Group CFO this is an exciting "roll up your sleeves" opportunity for an experienced and dynamic CFO. You will play a critical role in driving the company's growth and success, whilst driving forward thinking analysis to help the firm hit its goals.
As an Executive Director you will drive the strategic plan, closely monitor the company's financial performance and will work closely with the CEO and Group CFO to ensure P&L performance is delivered and appropriate performance tracking measures are in place for the North American business.
Privately held, Bermuda registered company that provides speciality re/insurance through its wholly owned subsidiaries. The Business was formed by trusted and industry-leading executives with over 30+ years of experience in the industry. The business plans to write Property catastrophe reinsurance with emphasis on North America, Europe, Japan and Australia. In addition, they have ambitious growth plans to create insurance-linked securities (ILS) capabilities utilising diverse risk capital.
- Acts as a key finance/accounting leader and member of the Senior Leadership team with a strategic mindset that anticipates and plans for the future.
- Acts as both leader and collaborator with the capacity to bring together cross-function leaders in a way that fosters collaboration and innovation.
- Responsible for the financial management of both long and short-range planning while building scalable systems and processes.
- Handles responsibility for management oversight of treasury, accounting, budgeting, premium audit, agency bill and accounts receivables teams and deliverables.
- Provides financial reporting and forecasting that ensures the company's financial viability.
- Ensures appropriate reimbursement and maintaining of internal controls, ensuring a successful audit.
- Understands in-depth the market opportunity, strategy and business model of the companywhile providing a unique perspective across all departments.
- Monitors financial status of the organization working with the CEO on strategic direction.
- Provides and executes on data, information and insights.
- Understands performance trends and develops and implements strategies that optimize the opportunities.
- Works with the president to achieve better results with a focus on accelerating speed of execution and delivering intended outcomes while driving out cost.
- Leads the finance team, setting clear goals and expectations to achieve optimal performance.
Key requirements upon application
- Bachelor'sdegree in Accounting, Finance or Business preferred.
- CPA designation highly regarded.
- Well-qualified executive with 8-10 years of experience serving as a strategic finance and accounting leader ideally in the P&C insurance industries.
- A strong exposure to both the finance and accounting sides of the insurance business preferred.
- Strong interpersonal relationship and communication skills, as well as a desire to collaborate, build rapport, add value and effectively problem-solve with their direct support teams and the respective group's departments.
- Possesses personal qualities of integrity, humility, credibility, and a commitment to the overall corporate mission.
- Strategic minded combined with analytically proficient, with ability to understand all aspects of the business and drive strategy.