Cloud Support Engineer - Infrastructure Consulting practice in the Irish marketplace focused on providing technical support to a newly formed cloud operational center of excellence.
The ideal candidate will have a strong mix of technical and soft skills with a sincere desire to grow.
The Role: Ensures the smooth provision of cloud-managed services to clients. Working on Cloud Infrastructure-As-A-Service technologies focused on the smooth provision of Cloud Managed Services to our clients. Deliver outstanding technical support for AWS and/or Azure cloud technologies, particularly Infrastructure-As-A-Service storage, server, containers, and data protection environments Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Good knowledge and hands-on experience of cloud infrastructure technologies are a requirement.
- Will be responsible for monitoring and managing a number of customers' IAAS environments
- Demonstrates and actively promotes an understanding and commitment to the mission of of the busienss through performing behaviors consistent with the organisation's values.
- Supports and conducts self in a manner consistent with customer service expectations.
- Uphold standards of the firm
Experience: professional services / consulting, client-facing background desireable
- Experience in the following is required:
- In-depth knowledge of Azure technologies with experience working in suport
- Understanding of public cloud IAAS and Infrastructure integration, automation and orchestration.
- Understanding Cloud Platforms from a service provider perspective.
- Knowledge and working experience of cloud backup solutions
Desirable Experience and Certifications - Nice to have
- Ideally, the candidate would also have some experience of the following technologies:
- Hybrid Cloud Solutions - GCP, IBM Cloud, Oracle Cloud, Office365
- Virtualisation - vSphere, Hyper-V, OpenStack
- Hyperconverged Infrastructure - NetApp HCI, Cisco Hyperflex, Nutanix
- Microsoft Services - Active Directory, DNS, DHCP
- Networking - Cisco
Important soft skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Management skills