Seeking a Data Analyst to join the team in the London office. The Data Analyst will assist the Data Manager primarily in the delivery of data governance, documention and data quality.
The purpose of this role is to work with the Data Manager to monitor, regulate and improve the quality of data within the core systems across the business. Responsible for providing adequate data governance structure and standards within a Solvency II regulated environment.
Delivering accurate, credible and relevant data quality information and statistics for management and Data Governance Group. Leading data quality initiatives to ensure the accuracy of internally and externally reported information.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of corporate data governance frameworks in line with insurance sector regulation and continuous business evolution.
- Implement standards, policies and procedures to provide technical assurance for the on-going implementation of the data governance policy within the business.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory reporting requirements. Identify data issue, risks and opportunities by regularly communicating with business function and working closely with Information Tecnology support team.
- Record, assess, prioritise and report data issues.
- Develop and or deploy systems, tools and processes for ensuring conformance with corporate data-related processes. Lead efforts to acquire or restructure data across any applicable systems to meet gaps in corporate business needs.
- With an inquisitive mind, perform complex data analysis and related environmental statistics such as record counts, volumes, exceptions, etc.; identify and determine root cause for data quality items impacting the business; recommends solutions and strategies in line with the data governance.
- Participate in business data modeling and implementing reporting best practices.
- Drive stakeholder relationships by aligning business and technology.
- Participate in data quality monitoring and improvement. Responsible for identification, planning, mapping, analysis, synthesis of complex data.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Robust knowledge of Insurance and Reinsurance business, and Regulatory landscape.
- Experience performing data analysis and reporting required.
- Good understanding of Insurance Financial Analytics and GL and technical financial reporting.
- Experience in Project Management and capable of working independently.
- Strong technical expertise using data analytics and visualization tools such as Excel, Tableau, SAP, Business Warehouse and BI tools.