Fast growing Asset Manager in Amsterdam is looking for a Financial Controller
The Financial Controller, is servicing our clients and either our Fund and Asset Management with fund and asset models, plans and budgets, internal and external reports, performance measurements, analysis and control (actual vs. plan), and risk controlling.
- Produce annual, semi-annual, quarterly or monthly reporting (incl. regulatory reporting) and dashboards on financial, investment performance and accounting aspects (including IFRS), and ad-hoc external and internal reports (i.e. Management Board or Supervisory Board)
- Coordinate the fund / asset planning process and prepare the planning schedules including commenting of portfolio results
- Ensure accuracy, completeness and timeliness of productions of external service providers (Fund Admnistrator, Corporate Manager, Property Manager and Tax Advisor). This may include acting as a director of corporate entities.
- Prepare funds forecasts and variance analysis with available IT tools (including IFRS and cash aspects if applicable; follow of the sales forecasts…)
- Monitor asset level performance (variance actual vs budget, asset performance, capex monitoring, rent arrears etc)
- Perform portfolio and risk controlling at fund level, risk ratio and investment guideline monitoring if required
- Make the results available in the global IT system
- Participate in transversal projects if requested and perform other tasks and projects as assigned from time to time
- Reinforce sound and effective risk management in line with the Risk and Compliance Objectives & Measures Framework
- Experience in Accounting, qualification ideally within an operational/financial reporting role, with exposure to/understanding of Real Estate
- Experience in audit, financial control or Middle Office
- Experience in Real Estate, Asset Management and/or Project Management is desirable
Knowledge and Skills
- Confident use of IT (especially advanced Excel),
- Excellent communication skills (team spirit / flexibility), reliability
- Excellent analytical skills
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Team player
- Proactive, enthusiastic, and results oriented
- Rigorous, self-starter with capacity to take the initiative
- Ability to manage simultaneous deadlines and work well under pressure
Are you interested in this role, please contact Maxime Hermarij, Consultant Finance and Audit Oliver James via Maxime.Hermarij@weareoliverjames.com or via +31208082007.