Infrastructure Services Manager
The Infrastructure Services Manager is responsible for the end-to-end planning, designing, building, transitioning and operating all aspects of the Infrastructure for the European Region,
This role works closely with Home Office colleagues and outsourced vendors to drive the implementation of the Global IT strategy (adapting where necessary to European requirements), ensuring agreed-upon outcomes are measured, managed and achieved across the Infrastructure landscape to deliver clear Business benefit.
The role will act as a key point of contact for infrastructure governance, change management and service delivery for the European organisation.
This position works primarily through external Managed Service Providers (MSPs) to ensure the secure and stable operation of the information technology infrastructure including availability, reliability, quality and adherence to the Architecture standards. Ensuring clear expectations and scope requirements are provided to vendor partners and teams.
- Oversees Infrastructure support services, including all day-to-day management and support of activities related to Operations, Engineering and Service Management.
- Provide a level of technical expertise and consultation at various management levels across the organisation.
- Works with contracted MSP(s) and other vendor partners supporting technology estate to ensure reliable, cost effective and optimized business operations and support. Ensuring services meet their SLA targets and the expectations of the business.
- Lead and support the optimisation and consolidation of technologies, services and suppliers on a regional and global basis as appropriate.
Skills, Knoweldge required
- Good knowledge of Distributed systems, Mainframes, Storage, Database, Middleware, Converged Infrastructure and Cloud.
- Proven track record of developing and executing technology strategies and programs, and a passion for new and emerging technologies, migrating legacy technologies to more modern technologies (Hyperconverged platforms, Cloud migration, SDDC and AI Ops).
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related work experience.
- Typically a minimum of five years of experience in IT, preferably in Infrastructure utilising an outsourced model.
- Experience working with Technology vendors and Managed Service Providers and other vendor partners.
- Infrastructure and vendor management certifications preferred.
- Experience of Public Cloud technology and operations.