We have an exciting opportunity available for a VAT Director! This role is based in north Manchester and will report to the Head of Tax.
The ideal candidate will be ACA/CTA qualified with VAT experience gained in a Big 4 accountancy firm, as well as some in house VAT experience within a multinational group.
Our client has a track record of exponential growth and offers exceptional benefits
- Responsible for all aspects of VAT across the UK and Europe including managing internally prepared VAT returns and intrastat returns throughout Europe
- Working with local tax contacts to lead VAT audits and identify process improvements
- Developing and maintaining standardised VAT processes and controls across the Group
- Helping the Head of Tax and existing team manage relationships with external advisors and HMRC
- Providing indirect tax input on M&A work including due diligence and transition of businesses into existing VAT groups
- Dealing with tax queries from the business, other areas of finance and the legal team
- Identifying relevant VAT opportunities and pro-actively driving these
- Maintaining a detailed, up to date technical knowledge in all indirect tax related areas
- Implementing systems improvements to ensure compliance with MTD and to improve efficiency, in particular in respect to current systems implementation
- Developing and managing the VAT assistant who will report to the successful candidate
If you'd like to be consider for this opportunity then please apply