Lead Frontend Developer (TV Apps) - Remote / London
The role offers the option of working in the offices or remotely coming into the office twice a month for sprint / team meetings. The business have a fantastic office perfect for a Tech Hub! The role will have 2 direct reports.
A Little about the Team -
The Digital Products team has responsibility for the rollout and continuous improvement of video on demand products under the digital brand, across a range of platforms including web, iOS, Android and TV devices. The team is seventeen strong and is made up of front-end and back-end developers and designers, test analysts and project managers.
We're looking for an experienced and motivated lead front-end developer to take responsibility for and manage the front-end team within Digital Products. This is a great chance to work on a high profile, direct to consumer, video on demand product, for a forward-thinking media company, helping to shape the future of television. This is a key position in the team where you will be required to input into wider technical conversations, being a real driving force. You'll be working alongside some of the most talented digital minds in the industry across a portfolio of platforms.
- Be the technical leader for the cross-platform TV app and its codebase
- Lead the TV app development team
- Solve interesting development challenges within unique technical constraints
- Take responsibility for the quality and timeliness of the work of the TV app development team, ensuring priorities are clear and encouraging a collaborative way of working
- Manage workload proactively alongside Project Managers, creating time estimates where necessary, while responding to quickly changing priorities and maintaining momentum within your team
- Assist Project Managers in coordinating development workstreams that are outsourced, ensuring high quality code is delivered and that knowledge is transferred back to the team
- Liaise with third party suppliers and platform partners, as required
- Input into planning sessions with the wider stakeholder group within the business
- Participate in Agile ways of working - undertaking code reviews, contributing to morning stand-ups, team planning, retrospectives and showcases etc
- Proven team leadership
- Proven ability at solving technical challenges
- Integration of 3rd party services and APIs into an existing technology stack
- Command line usage, Git and build tools