Providing enhanced Network Support. Primary accountability is to ensure that the Network is healthy and functioning well in order to deliver application traffic over the Network. This will require collaboration, working on projects, testing in labs and in production, fine-tuning the network and providing recommendations to application owners and developers to fine tune their application for optimum Network performance. Role requires experience and VOIP and high level of understanding of routing and switching required to be successful in this position.
- A strong technical background in key aspects of Network related IT infrastructure, including routers, switches, Network and Application protocols, Firewalls, DNS & DHCP services, LAN/WAN circuits, etc.
- Must be strong at making necessary recommendations and following through with the entire process until the implementation of Performance fine tuning is complete.
- Experience using traffic generators such as IXIA to performance and stress test technologies in the lab.
- Experience with using Matrix switches such as NetOptics Xstreams.
- Experience in network QoS, as well as analysis of various protocols and transaction types, is a must with at least
- Analyzing existing hardware, software, and networking systems
- Resolving technical issues with networks, hardware, and software.
- Performing speed and security tests on installed networks.
- stakeholder management
- Change managemnet
Cisco Network Engineer Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, networking administration, information technology, or a similar field.
- CCNP or equivalent experience
- Experience in Cisco DNA Centre
Financial services experience is desirable