Oliver James is working with a global insurance carrier that is looking to make a senior technical hire within their claims team. As a Senior Liability Claims Examiner, you will be responsible for a portfolio of General Liability cases, arising from Construction / NY Labor Law cases. You will manage more complex, higher value cases (including litigation) and you will also provide guidance to more junior Examiners.
Primary Role Duty: To manage a caseload of general liability claims; construction / contractors, bodily injury (including New York Labor Law) claims, including mid/high value claims involving litigation. To ensure ongoing adjudication of claims within service expectations, industry best practices and specific client service requirements; and negotiate settlements.
Skills/ Qualifications Required;
- 7+ years of claims adjusting experience within General Liability (Construction)
- Excellent knowledge of Bodily Injury and related case law
- Excellent knowledge of New York Labor Law
- Experience managing client / customer relationships
- Exposure to litigation (highly beneficial)
- Strong education background, JD Law background preferred
This role can be fully remote (as long as based in the North East) and can visit their NJ office as required. This role offers an excellent base salary, plus bonus and benefits package, along with a clear progression plan for the future.