The Enterprise Asset & Configuration Manager will assume full accountability for the design and development of the SACM function, ensuring that the right Policy, Process and Standards are in place for both Asset and Configuration Management allowing us to effectively manage our assets, providing the best possible return on investment.
Developing and maintaining a fit for purpose CMDB data model is critical to the success of this function, and the role holder.
Responsible for the delivery of the end to end solutioning of our technology challenges that could be provided by the SACM function, including as appropriate integration with some of our IT tooling. Automation, to remove manual effort from process execution, is key.
Your responsibilities for this role may include:
- Designs the organisational model needed to support full implementation of SACM
- Designs, develops and implements fit for purpose Policies, Processes and Standards for both Asset and Configuration Management
- Designs, develops and implements solutions to meet customer requirements such as the management of technical debt within the estate.
- Designs, develops and manages the build of a best in class data model within the CMDB that delivers to all requirements and is future proofed against new ways of working
- Monitors and reviews the execution of the SACM process at a high-level, ensures it remains consistent with the organisation's current culture and IT Service
- Plans and manages the population of the CMDB, including discovery and other automated data import methods, ensuring a copy of golden source data is secured and that currency is maintained
- Coordinates the allocation of resources and/or responsibilities, while ensuring that all relevant staff have the required technical and business understanding, knowledge and training in the process, and are aware of their role in the process
- Is responsible for overseeing the execution of the process controls, ensuring that staff comply with process and data standards
- Interfaces with other processes and/or business functions to ensure they can leverage the benefits provided by the SACM processes, including the CDMB
You will need to be able to display you have the following qualifications and experience:
- Experience working with discovery tools, particularly SCCM, Qualysis, vCenter etc
- Good understanding of Infrastructure and related functions
- Experience working with monitoring tools, particularly Dynatrace
- Extensive knowledge with Service Management and SIAM
- Experience of new ways of working (Agile, DevOps, Cloud)
- Demonstrated stakeholder management skills
- Excellent customer service skills - customer first