A leading Insurer is seeking for a Senior Finance Manager. This role is essentially a controllership position and oversees statutory reporting, balance sheet reconciliations, inter company, accounts payable and treasury functions of the company.
- Oversees, coordinates and ensures the timely and accurate monthly, quarterly and annual statutory reporting to the MAS, IRAS and other external stakeholders.
- Liaises and work closely with internal and external auditors and tax advisors.
- Provides oversight and ensures the timely submission of internal reporting information to regional office.
- Perform analysis on financial results
- Oversees the accounting and payable operations of the finance department including control systems.
- Develop, implement and maintain policies and procedures to ensure compliance with local regulatory and group accounting standards and policies as well as tax requirements.
- Oversees and ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner
- Provides oversight and ensures that bank reconciliations and other balance sheet reconciliations are completed on a timely basis.
- Provides oversight in the maintenance of the chart of accounts and ensures orderly accounting filing system
- Establishes and maintains a system of controls over accounting transactions.
- Oversees the treasury function and ensures proper cash management and forecasting is in place.
- Participate in ad-hoc projects and provide recommendations from a finance perspective
- Be proactive in identifying any risks / opportunities, working closely with respective business/function leaders and regional finance teams for business support and process initiatives
- Supports the business in the execution of new products/distribution or other initiatives into operation from a finance, accounting and treasury standpoint.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum a degree in Accountancy or equivalent, preferably with CPA or CA.
- Over 10 years of relevant experience in controllership roles within Insurance sector
- Possess good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good strategic thinking and project management skills
- Strong operator; able to be hands-on but also possesses leadership qualities.
- Proficient in Microsoft excel.
- Process driven
- Proficient in Singapore Financial Reporting Standards, MAS regulations for Insurance Companies
- Proven ability for accuracy and attention to details
- Able to work independently and with a team
- Able to work under pressure; Results oriented and observe deadlines
- Able to design and execute solutions independently