My client is a specialty provider of property and casualty insurance and reinsurance, established in March 2017 as the result of the acquisition.
My client's core business encompasses one of the largest property and casualty insurance groups in the Japanese domestic market. In addition, my client is engaged in the provision of insurance services as well as other related services through its global network of businesses operating in 32 countries around the world.
My client is the international operation and a wholly owned subsidiary of one of the largest insurance groups. Through their operating subsidiaries, my client underwrites agriculture, professional lines, property, marine and energy, and casualty and other specialty lines of insurance and catastrophe, property, casualty, professional lines, weather risk and specialty lines of reinsurance.
As a leading global provider of insurance and reinsurance, they recognize that their success is derived directly from those who matter most: their people. My client's headquarters is in Bermuda and they currently have offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, Continental Europe, and Asia. At my client, a shared commitment to integrity, teamwork, agility, execution, and excellence define their culture, and they strive to create exceptional value for their clients and shareholders and maintain the company as a desirable place to work.
They are seeking an Senior Internal Auditor to join their Internal Audit team in their Luxembourg office. The Senior Internal Auditor will provide an independent and objective analysis through the execution of internal audits, focused on the European operations. The individual will interact with management across multiple business units and operations. There will be approximately 10-15% travel to other office locations. The position provides a great opportunity to be part of a growing organisation, and a global internal audit function.
- Contribute to the execution of the internal audit plan, participating or leading underwriting, claims, finance, operational, regulatory and strategic audits, with a focus on the Luxembourg operations.Provide support to financial controls testing team as required.
- Establish the objectives, scopes and test plans for audits, execute the procedures, discuss observations with senior management, and prepare audit report.
- Provide executable recommendations that improve operations, controls, and how the business is managed.
- Communicate audit observations, internal control deficiencies, and recommendations, including to senior management.
- Prepare clear and concise draft reports including audit observations.
- Work with internal audit team members in other office locations on group-wide audits as required.
- Work collaboratively and develop strong relationships with business units and operational areas and continue to develop the organization's appreciation for a strong internal control environment.
- Monitor and follow up on the status of internal audit observations through regular interaction with the business.
- Participate in data analytics initiatives within the department working with the business leaders to allow continuous monitoring.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Audit experience within an insurance or reinsurance organization. Finance / Regulatory / Risk knowledge and experience desirable.
- Experienced in leading reviews and directing team members to complete reviews on time.
- Highly effective interpersonal & communication skills; ability to write clear and concise observations and reports.
- Ability to maintain strong relationships with management.
- Well-developed ability to explain decisions to others and negotiate appropriate solutions.
- Ability to be a critical thinker in order to identify and analyze exposures, recognize areas of concern, and develop appropriate solutions.
- Effective organization and workload management skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong analytical skills.
- IT skills and TeamMate experience.
- CIA / ACA / ACCA or similar professional qualification.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Additional language, German / Spanish / Italian desirable.