Senior .NET Core Developer - Remote Role / Leicester Office
This role will be remote/home based with some ad hoc requirement for the full team to meet on site in Leicester for specific project meetings. This will be ad hoc and not regular.
As a Senior Developer joining this successful Digital Communications business you will be responsible for leading the technical execution and enhancement of our suite of software products. You will also be responsible for supporting and guiding other developers, helping drive best practices and create products and solutions our customers love. As part of the IT team, you will work within a culture where communication and teamwork are favoured over hierarchical structure. Day-to-day working alongside other Developers, Architects, Engineers, Product Managers and more.
1. Responsible for developing secure, robust, scalable technical products. Including testing and releasing of code from Test through to UAT and Production
2. Responsible for guiding and overseeing developers through tasks, providing direction and advice where required.
3. Responsible for carrying out code reviews and approvals on any code changes.
4. Responsible for communicating technical detail to non-technical team members and stakeholders such as Project Managers, Testers and clients.
5. Responsible for leading the technical delivery of the project - including leading other developers within the project team where necessary.
Experience / Knowledge
* Excellent .NET Core (C#, ASP.NET, MVC) coding abilities
* Experience working with structured files such as XML, JSON and CSV
* Any knowledge of MySQL, SQL Server, MongoDB, and/or Web API's
* Experience working with modern CICD workflows including source control, automated build, deployment and containerization.
* Good knowledge of Agile, Lean, Object Oriented Design (OOD), Test Driven Development (TDD) and Extreme Programming
* Up-to-date knowledge of coding and technology developments
* Creative, logical problem solver
* Ability to meet deadlines and think strategically