A leading General Insurer is looking to add to a high performing team. They are hiring an External reporting manager
This role will be responsible for production, review and signoff of Group consolidated results and regulatory reporting data that is reported externally and internally. responsibilities include preparing and reviewing company announcements, statutory financial statements, quarterly and annual Solvency II quantitative returns.
INSURANCE EXPERIENCE ESSENTIAL
- Prepare, review and own key disclosures in the Group's published Annual Report and Accounts, including the planning, production and review of the document including liaison with internal and external stakeholders, including for example Risk, HR, Strategy and input into the design strategy.
- Prepare, review and own financial disclosures in the Group's quarterly, interim and annual disclosures. Management of the verification of financial and non-financial data included in these disclosures. Review and challenge of analyst presentations and other output from the Investor Relations team.
- Review and challenge the monthly income statement and balance sheet, including review and analysis of key movements in both reports, and the presentation of these Group reports to senior management.
- Management of Group's end-to-end quantitative Solvency II and other regulatory reporting process, including the preparation of financial disclosures to nationally competent authorities ('regulators') on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Subject matter expert on Solvency II quantitative reporting and other regulatory reporting.
- Manage the implementation of new reporting and disclosure requirements and best practice reporting guidelines as issued by accounting and other regulatory bodies (for example, climate change, sustainability, IFRS 9 and 17.
- Build key relationships across Finance and across the wider business, where necessary, to enable clear and consistent reporting of statutory and regulatory reporting disclosures ensuring that information is interpreted from a business perspective and communicated effectively to internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide financial reporting instructions, expert guidance and support on data and disclosure requirements to the consolidation team
- In order to be considered for this role you must be a qualified accountant with demonstrable insurance accounting experience
- Due to the volume of applications, individual responses can not be provided.