London Market (Re)Insurer currently on the lookout for two Underwriting Assistants to join the Property team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Process enquiries (including renewals, new business, quotes etc.), follow-up and monitor progress towards budget.
- Assist with rating of accounts by analysis, interpretation and input of underwriting information.
- Produce reports from systems for use by the underwriters.
- Support Underwriters during underwriting hours to maximise efficiency in handling enquires.
- Provide support for Underwriters including preparation for renewals and Client meetings.
- Aggregates - secure accurate information in key areas for Underwriters.
- Produce and maintain wordings and clauses database.
- Administrative support for Accounts such as processing of closings and task identification on endorsements/amendments.
- Indexing policy documents in the database.
- Entering geographical exposure data into the database.
- Ad hoc administration duties including but not limited to filing, photocopying and scanning
- Assist underwriters in submission and underwriting preparation.
- Liaise with the Delegated Underwriting Manager on any outstanding compliance matters.
- Assist in the completion of insurance reports and ensure timely distribution to required individuals.
- Liaise with other departments on various issues,
- Assist in all other general underwriting administration and processing functions to ensure efficient workflow within the team.
- Maintaining files and documentation in accordance with company guidelines.
- Including, but not limited to, filing, photocopying, scanning etc.
- Any other reasonable requests made by management.
- Educated to at least A level or equivalent with good Maths and English GCSE grades, undergraduate degree would be an advantage but not essential.
- Proven experience in an Underwriting Assistant role, ideally in the Loyd's market
- Experience of underwriting systems
- Good numeracy skills, including ability to analyse and compare data and reports.
- Good analytical skills, including competence with Microsoft Excel and other MS Office systems
- Conscientious and hard working
- Collaborative mind set
- Excellent organisation and prioritisation skills
- Good attention to detail
- Good organisational and time management skills, including the ability to effectively manage high levels of work
- Proactive approach
- Strong communication and teamwork skills.
- Flexibility and a willingness to "go the extra mile"
- Exposure to catastrophe modelling would be beneficial