UX Designer - Remote / Yorkshire
This role can be based remotely with ad hock need for team meetings in either the Yorkshire or London based office. Any travel to London for meetings would be expensed. Candidates must be within a couple of hours commute to the Yorkshire office as you may go in 2-4 times a month.
This role is responsible for the day to day management and on-going customer experience optimisation of a successful financial services business with offices in Yorkshire and London. and associated direct to consumer websites. This encompasses the end-to-end journey from arrival to purchase including associated conversion activities. The objective is to maximise the return on acquisition spend while maintaining a best in class user experience across all devices.
- Assist UX and Optimisation Manager in defining and delivering the user experience for new websites, as well as optimisation of existing sites
- Must be confident creating prototypes, wireframes, storyboards etc.
- Should be comfortable using Axure or similar prototyping tools and have experience with Photoshop and Illustrator
- Must be experienced with A/B and MVT testing for optimising online conversion through to sale
- Will need to be comfortable communicating ideas to senior product stakeholders (Marketing, Underwriting, Operations, IT)
- Work closely with IT to define and deliver the user experience from definition through to delivery. Including review and testing of the changes throughout the development period.
- Minimum 2-3 years' experience in user experience role or similar
- Excellent knowledge of user centred design methodologies (wireframing, requirements gathering, expert review)
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to plan and prioritise in a self-managing style and ensure deadlines are hit - Agile experience is an asset
- Confident and articulate communicator
- Experience of working with multiple key stakeholders, including senior management, digital agencies and other online team members.
- Excellent influencing and interpersonal skills
- Experience managing external agencies to deliver user experience
- Experience managing websites through content management systems (Drupal experience an advantage)
- Knowledge of Google Analytics, as this is a central skill in evaluating website performance issues, and quantifying their impact
- A working knowledge of website tag management tools
- Copywriting and visual design experience are an asset